,
Last week the girls and I headed north through PA for Amelia's birthday present from us--a trip to the country! The girls were amazing in the car (Annie soundtrack and Heidi on tape: repeatedly), and we arrived at Mindy & Raleigh's NY dairy farm by 11pm. Mindy & I were so giggly & silly when we saw each other, we put the girls in the guest room & stayed up two more hours talking and laughing.
At 4:49 a.m. Evelyn arose & said "I think I see some light in the sky, Mom!" I assured her it was NOT light yet and that she needed to go back to bed. 10 minutes later I heard Raleigh get up. How is it that Evelyn got up earlier than the dairy farmer?? I kept the lid on her for another hour & a half, then we got up & explored the farm.
What a day! Evelyn & Owen played for hours on the wrap-around front porch, we all went to the Amish salvage store (salad dressing for .10 and cereal for $1.50 a box!) and her local resource reclamation lady (Wegmans' castoffs are used well by local farmers w/children), and shared some hearty laughs around the kitchen table with Mindy's mom, Clarice (seen playing Star Wars w/Owen in the yard.) Mindy's daughter, Anneke, played her piano recital pieces for us, and we drove off as friends joined them for dinner. It was so good to be inserted into Mindy & Raleigh's farm life for one gorgeous, joy-filled day.
No comments:
Post a Comment